Ivanka Trump, woman-for-campaign-purposes and daughter of a poorly-executed pumpkin pie that was set on the window to cool and accidentally fell out, has several "fashion" lines that everyone seems to have collectively made a decision to no longer fuck with.
A San Francisco fashion retailer has filed a class action lawsuit against Ivanka Trump's clothing line for unfair competition because of the first daughter's ties to the White House.More news: Lookout for Price Target? Amkor Technology, Inc. (AMKR), Wintrust Financial Corporation (WTFC)
The lawsuit cites President Trump's tweet slamming Nordstrom for dropping the Ivanka Trump label as an example of unlawful promotion.
In particular, the suit claims, Ivanka's women's clothing and accessory lines have been boosted by Donald Trump's condemnation of Nordstrom and other retailers who've dropped his daughter's line, as well as White House press secretary Sean Spicer "using his position to defend Ivanka Trump".
Kellyanne Conway's highly controversial act of endorsing Ivanka Trump's products on Fox & Friends in early February is also described in the lawsuit as unfair promotional activity.More news: Duterte tells European lawmakers: "Why do you have to f*** with us?"
Modern Appealing Clothing argues that the brand fails "to take appropriate steps to avoid exploiting public office for private gain", which will help the company to continue to increase its sales.
E-commerce aggregator Lyst backed the boost in sales for the brand and in a report published by Refinery29, the brand's sales registered an increase of 346 percent from January to February and an increase of 557 percent in February compared to the same month a year ago.
The retailer is seeking unspecified damages for itself and the class, as well as a restraining order preventing the Ivanka Trump brand from continuing to compete in California at an unfair advantage.More news: San Antonio Spurs' LaMarcus Aldridge cleared to play after heart issue
- Dave Chappelle Explains How Comedy Central Hurt His Feelings With 'Key & Peele'
- Jeff Bezos Goes Full Mech Warrior Piloting Massive 13-Foot Robot
- Iraqi prime minister jokes with Trump about wiretaps
- Study Sheds Light On Opioid Use Among Children
- Kickapoo's Jared Ridder Named Missouri's Gatorade Player Of The Year
- The Internet is losing it over video of this giant chicken
- Surface book 2 will hit the market soon
- Standard Life And Aberdeen Set Out Co-CEO Responsibilities
- Nearly half of Canadians want illegal immigrants deported back to US
- Special Olympics Gibraltar at the World Winter Games in Austria