After one fan posted an unboxing video of the Take Your Heart Premium Edition Bundle of the game some gamers reported their Amazon preorders have been canceled. Atlus told Polygon that "we've always known, that there's nothing defective or "dangerous" about our product".More news: UK PM Theresa May to trigger Brexit on March 29
However, not all versions of the game were affected by the cancellations, as only the Steelbook and Take Your Heart special editions were cancelled by Amazon.
Though the NeoGAF post claims Amazon is "mass cancelling" orders of Persona 5, it's worth noting many people in the thread have stated they haven't had any problems. In a post shared by a disgruntled customer on NeoGAF, he said that he received an email from Amazon saying that his order has veen canceled because "this item contains regulated materials classified as unsafe goods ..." "Although the amount of these substances in these products is usually quite limited, these products need to be transported in a certain way to ensure that they are handled with care". It can be seen below. According to their response, there was a major defect on the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer. It sells for $59.99. Take Your Heart Edition includes the case, soundtrack CD, plush toy, school bag and special box to fit it all in.More news: Pakistan deplores killing of innocent Kashmiris by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir
Concerns are also circulating that Amazon's decision will act as a gateway for more pre-orders to be canceled. Amazon still has it available, but it is likely we can expect that to change in the near future.
The issue that led to some pre-orders being canceled apparently stemmed from there being something "dangerous" inside the "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition, but the Atlus representative shared that this was not the case upon closer inspection.More news: NCAA TOURNAMENT: Oregon's late rally eliminates URI
"Persona 5" is scheduled for release in North America and Europe on April 4.
- President approves Hindu Marriage Bill 2017
- Ex-MMA fighter guilty of abducting ex-girlfriend
- Duterte tells European lawmakers: "Why do you have to f*** with us?"
- Investor Research Report on The Medicines Company (MDCO)
- HTC unveils its 'unexpected surprise' announcement, shows off Blue Sapphire U Ultra
- Theresa May says she will trigger Brexit next Wednesday
- Woman, 56, dies after drinking toxic tea from SF Chinatown shop
- Many dead in freak tree accident at waterfall
- Injury forces Eden Hazard to miss Belgium internationals
- Facebook's hardware group is reportedly working on nex-gen products