Manchester United fans longing for the days of Sir Alex Ferguson in the Old Trafford dugout will get taste of the glory years this summer with the Scot lined up to manage the home team in Michael Carrick's testimonial in June.
But Mourinho says he has encouraged Ferguson, 75, to join the United squad after a game - as well as on their travels to and from each stadium.
As quoted by the Daily Mirror, he said: "After I arrived, he came in again". And he travelled with us once again.More news: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger downplays financial importance of UEFA Champions League qualification
Speaking on MUTV, the former Manchester United boss is delighted to be part of a special day that will honour a player he bought 11 years ago and who was part of that memorable night in Moscow when arguably one of Ferguson's best United teams overcame rivals Chelsea to win their third European Cup. He's so respectful that he got a bit shy in this approach; it has to be us to make him feel cared for, and made him feel that in our heads there aren't ghosts.
Sir Bobby Charlton and Ed Woodward regularly visit the dressing room after matches but Ferguson has chosen to stay away so far during Mourinho's reign.
"I told him, it made no sense, us travelling to London on a private train and Sir Alex, going by auto".More news: Robert Downey Jr. to star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle
The All-Stars line-up is boosted by the appearance of Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Michael Owen with more big-name players to be announced in the coming weeks.
The former Tottenham and West Ham midfielder has revealed that he would likely retire from football if he is not offered a contract extension at the club, with the 35-year-old having been at Old Trafford for over 10 years.More news: Comey says 'no information' to support Trump wiretapping claims
- Large Outflow of Money Witnessed in Intercontinental Exchange Inc
- BBC America Orders New Top Gear Series, William Fichtner Among Hosts
- Restoring death penalty in Turkey 'red line' in European Union bid
- Petition calls on Tatton MP George Osborne to 'pick one job'
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Have a New Colour Option
- Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV) shows weekly volitility of 7.83%
- British PM to begin formal European Union exit process March 29
- Bob Menendez to face trial on bribery and corruption charges
- Trump's Big Cuts to Medical Research May Not Get Past Congress
- Arsene Wenger 'Determined' to Stay at Arsenal