Fire officials found no evidence of a bomb at Lafayette High School and allowed students and teachers to re-enter the school at about 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said the school was evacuated due to a bomb threat. 4th block shortened. Dismissal as usual.More news: Tesla's (TSLA) Hold Rating Reiterated at Sanford C. Bernstein
The threat came in via a phone call at 10:15 a.m., according to James City County Battalion Chief Al Catlett. The students were put in the gymnasium while the investigation was ongoing.
"I would like to go ahead and get her out of there", Smith said.More news: British PM to begin formal European Union exit process March 29
Authorities were conducting a search of the premises shortly before noon Monday.
Police, fire crews, and the Westchester County bomb squad investigated the campus and cleared the scene around 11 a.m.More news: Authorities seal 2 slaughter houses in Allahabad
"All students and staff are safe and secure", Gorham Superintendent Heather Perry said in an email statement. Students and staff were immediately evacuated and the police department was called.
- Arsene Wenger 'Determined' to Stay at Arsenal
- This guy totally nails Britney's Toxic onboard a real jet
- United States travel restrictions will affect Montreal flight: airline
- Lucky 13 for Chelsea as Cahill bags victor
- Undefeated Israel beats Netherlands in World Baseball Classic
- Met Éireann issues snow-ice warning
- South Boston St. Paddy's Day parade route shortened because of snow
- What we learned from the hearing on the Trump campaign's Russian Federation ties
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Have a New Colour Option
- United Kingdom to formally trigger Brexit on March 29