Official support for Vista runs out on April 12 Australian time - after that, you're on your own on the internet without any security patches to stave off malware, ransomware, and other evil things.
Microsoft launched Windows Vista on January 30, 2007.
Microsoft has implemented a new support policy for Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that was announced previous year, a recently-revised support document suggests.More news: Paul Ryan confident GOP's health overhaul will pass this week
Microsoft has just announced that Windows 10 will be zealously pushing forced updates even for users who are on metered connections.
As noted by Computer World, people with the most recent AMD and Qualcomm processors are given a notification to tell them that they will no longer get security updates for Windows 7 and 8.1.
As Ars Technica announced, Skylake was initially expected to be included in the policy too. however, Microsoft in the end related and decided on a provision that only security fixes for Skylake systems running on either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 would be given.More news: Analyst Research Roundup: The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
Vista was never the star of the Windows family of operating systems: that crown went to Vista's older brother XP, which was much loved and turned out to be a tough act for its successor to follow. It reached its peak in 2010 when it held somewhere between 15 to 26 percent of market share, but Windows 7 had already surpassed it.
It's a pretty minor update that appears to be only rolling out on PC, and you should be able to grab it via Windows Update right now. Which is less than half of the 1.65 percent still using Windows 8, and a fraction of the 8.45 percent market share enjoyed by Windows XP. Here is what you should know if you are still running Windows XP. Was Windows Vista really all that bad? Both of these will be activated when an individual tries to acquire updates from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.More news: British PM to begin formal European Union exit process March 29
- South Boston St. Paddy's Day parade route shortened because of snow
- Twitter hails courageous and progressive Sesame Street for new autistic Muppet Julia
- Petition calls on Tatton MP George Osborne to 'pick one job'
- Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV) shows weekly volitility of 7.83%
- Korea to hold election May 9, prosecutors summon ousted Park
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Have a New Colour Option
- Wenger told me he will stay at Arsenal, reveals Pulis
- This guy totally nails Britney's Toxic onboard a real jet
- BBC America Orders New Top Gear Series, William Fichtner Among Hosts
- Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign