Unsafe road conditions are expected overnight and in the morning, with a snow and ice warning in place across the country.
It was issued this morning and is in effect from 8pm tonight until 10am tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
Londoners will wake up to temperatures of 4C or 5C on Tuesday morning with the temperature expected to rise to 9C by the middle of the day.More news: India vs Australia: Virat Kohli rues soft ball, denies underbowling Ravichandran Ashwin
Some accumulations are likely - 1 to 3 cetimetres locally - possibly more on hills and mountains in the western half in the country.
The warning states that heavy rain falling tonight will turn into snow and hail tomorrow - just as rush hour hits.
"Showers will continue through Tuesday, though lying snow is expected to melt below 300 m or so".More news: Britain to trigger Brexit next week
The Road Safety Authority also asked road users to keep up to date with local weather and traffic conditions and be aware of the conditions before setting out on a trip.
"Clear your windows and mirrors before you set out, carry a screen scraper and de-icer", the authority suggests.
Watch out for vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists and allow extra space.More news: Lucky 13 for Chelsea as Cahill bags victor
- Disney's 'Mulan' remake will not be a musical
- What we learned from the hearing on the Trump campaign's Russian Federation ties
- Undefeated Israel beats Netherlands in World Baseball Classic
- What to watch for during Senate confirmation hearings on Neil Gorsuch
- ICE Releases List Of Sanctuary Jurisdictions Set To Lose Federal Funding
- Syria Reports Israel Struck Again
- Korea appeals China's possible violations to WTO: trade minister
- Pitbull to co-headline tour with Enrique Iglesias, play Miami in June
- Research Analysis of Wells Fargo & Company
- Republicans revise healthcare bill for the benefit of the elderly