"In case of my defeat, I want to try in 2019 election", she added.
She was received by social activist Uma Preman at the airport. Irom, who barely leaves Manipur has chosen Attapadi for her quiet retreat after the recent turn of events. Irom Sharmila's tally was lower than the votes received for NOTA.
Irom Chanu Sharmila lost from Thoubal constituency.More news: FBI, NSA set to break silence on Donald Trump, Russia
The 44-year-old Ms. Sharmila ended her indefinite hunger strike in August last year. But her personality is not one of a typical politician.
She held on to her fight against AFSPA for 16 long years, earning accolades from Manipur as well as across the globe. "In last elections, it was the victory of money and muscle power", she said.
"But I am fed up with politics after this result: I continued without even water for 16 year yet". In four words, she wrote: "Thanks for 90 votes". And after two days when he was finally allowed to meet her, his reported insistence on sitting with Sharmila at the meira shang (women's shelter) where the influential Meira Paibis (Women Torchbearers) had gathered, caused much anger.More news: Robert Downey Jr. to star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle
"When I rode on my bicycle alone, (they would say) oh Sharmila is going, Sharmila is riding (sic)", she told HuffPost India.
The gross abuses of human rights offered by this act are exactly what the Iron Lady of Manipur has been protesting for the most part of the 21st century. She told media that she would take a decision on her future course of action only after her return.
According to a report in Times of India, Irom Sharmila said that the people of Manipur should realise that the BJP, which staked claim to form government in that state, had used money and muscle power in the Assembly polls.More news: Sir Alex Ferguson to manage Manchester United one last time
By Monday evening, the Congress' Ibobi Singh had resigned as chief minister to pave way for the BJP's Nongthombam Biren Singh.
- Twin toddler tots escape cribs for a full night of merrymaking
- Analyst Research Roundup: The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
- Paul Ryan confident GOP's health overhaul will pass this week
- Doc Rivers hating National Basketball Association back to back scheduling
- NHS evacuated due to bomb threat, law enforcement determined call was hoax
- Twitter hails courageous and progressive Sesame Street for new autistic Muppet Julia
- Congress awaits FBI, NSA testimony on Russia-Trump links
- Petition calls on Tatton MP George Osborne to 'pick one job'
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 cumulative update 14393.969
- Korea to hold election May 9, prosecutors summon ousted Park