Co-hosting the show will be actor William Ficthner (The Dark Knight, Prison Break), drag racer Antron Brown and British auto journalist Tom "Wookie" Ford. He's also the associate editor of UK's Top Gear magazine and a contributor to The Sunday Times.
AMERICA announced today the greenlight of TOP GEAR AMERICA.
"But, wait. What about that other Top Gear on the History Channel?"More news: Wolves To Sign Omri Casspi
An eight-episode season of Top Gear America will transport the motoring format stateside with actor William Fichtner, whose credits include Prison Break, Armageddon and Crash, leading the new lineup. "Bill, Antron and Wookie are serious gear heads who never take themselves too seriously". They will even have their own Stig, of course.
Currently, the British Top Gear is steaming ahead with its updated cast of Chris Harris, Rory Reid, and Matt LeBlanc.
It'll go up against Amazon-produced The Grand Trip, starring former Top Gear UK hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.More news: Health bill hurts older Americans
Top Gear America is the latest attempt to make the famous British auto show stick in the United States.
Top Gear USA garnered lukewarm reviews and ratings, but survived longer than many people expected, based on previous attempts to import the show.
Top Gear is back, America - at least for one season.More news: Trump's Big Cuts to Medical Research May Not Get Past Congress
With a nod to its United Kingdom roots, the reimagined US spin-off of Top Gear will appear on BBC America with three new presenters later this year. You can see host Rutledge Wood's statement about the show's cancellation here.
- ICE Releases List Of Sanctuary Jurisdictions Set To Lose Federal Funding
- British PM to begin formal European Union exit process March 29
- Lucky 13 for Chelsea as Cahill bags victor
- Robert Downey Jr. to star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger downplays financial importance of UEFA Champions League qualification
- What to watch for during Senate confirmation hearings on Neil Gorsuch
- United States travel restrictions will affect Montreal flight: airline
- What we learned from the hearing on the Trump campaign's Russian Federation ties
- FBI, NSA set to break silence on Donald Trump, Russia
- Britain to trigger Brexit next week