The Allahabad Nagar Nigam on Monday sealed two slaughter houses in city just a day after newly sworn-in chief minister Yogi Aditya Nath took the charge of the state.
Officials from the Allahabad Nagar Nigam (civic agency) shut two illegal slaughterhouses on Monday.
Notably, Yogi Adityanath, said to be a cow lover, has always been vocal about shutting down slaughterhouses.More news: Krauthammer: Why Attacking Gorsuch Is a 'Losing Proposition' for Democrats
"On Sunday, we got information that some activities were being carried out illegally at these slaughterhouses despite the ban".
Soon after the BJP's thumping victory state, the BJP chief had assured that next state government in Uttar Pradesh will close all slaughter houses.
In its manifesto, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had vowed to close all the slaughterhouses in Uttar Pradesh. According to a New Indian Express story, Uttar Pradesh is one of the top buffalo meat-producing states in the country.More news: Britain to trigger Brexit next week
According to an Economic Times report, there are almost 40 legal slaughterhouses in Uttar Pradesh, which are duly licenced by the Centre's Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
Though, the manifesto pitches on closing down of illegal abattoirs, the owners of more than a dozen registered mechanised abattoirs were panic as such a step will cripple investments worth crores and the thousands of people will be left unemployed.More news: United States travel restrictions will affect Montreal flight: airline
- United Kingdom to formally trigger Brexit on March 29
- Glenn Maxwell Mocks Virat Kohli on Day Three of Ranchi Test
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli rues soft ball, denies underbowling Ravichandran Ashwin
- Disney's 'Mulan' remake will not be a musical
- What to watch for during Senate confirmation hearings on Neil Gorsuch
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Daughter Luna Says Her First Word
- McDonald's Corp. (MCD), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE) — Stocks in Focus
- Lucky 13 for Chelsea as Cahill bags victor
- Research Analysis of Wells Fargo & Company
- ICE Releases List Of Sanctuary Jurisdictions Set To Lose Federal Funding