However, a spokesperson for the 26-year-old denied that those naked photos were of Watson. Watson has brought lawyers in to deal with the intrusion, according to E!
The "Harry Potter" star was also threatened on the controversial 4Chan message board in 2014 with a leak of nude images after delivering a speech on gender equality.
Today, more alleged intimate photos of actresses are being circulated online, and this time Emma Watson and Amanda Seyfried are among the targets.More news: Analysts Expectations and Insider Trading for Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:SGYP)
Details of the action were not specified and a spokesman for Watson wasn't saying much. "They are not nude photographs", her publicist told the BBC. "Lawyers have been instructed and we are not commenting further".
Emma Watson arrives at the world premiere of "Beauty and the Beast" at the El Capitan Theatre on Thursday, March 2, 2017, in Los Angeles. You might remember that she hit back at the dumb criticism of her Vanity Fair photoshoot in which she posed nearly topless - some said she couldn't do that and be a feminist.
Back in 2014, Emma was threatened with a leak of private images but she later revealed she knew it was a hoax because the pictures described did not exist.More news: Giraffe cam at Animal Adventure Park
In September previous year, it was reported that Watson had brought in her legal team after website Celeb Jihad published other private photos of her.
"We continue to see both celebrities and victims from all walks of life suffer the consequences of this crime and strongly encourage users of Internet-connected devices to strengthen passwords and to be skeptical when replying to emails asking for personal information", he said.
That dispute coincided with a public appearance by the star to promote the UN's HeForShe campaign, during which she hailed the possibility of the U.S. electing its first female President.More news: Oppo F3 and F3 Plus with Dual front camera setup coming soon
These leaked images have started to circulate exactly one year following the arrest of Ryan Collins (as noted by Gizmodo), the hacker behind the monumental celebrity iCloud leaks that were referred to as "the Fappening" by those responsible for publishing them.
- Who Got Voted Off Survivor Game Changers 2017 Tonight? Week 2
- Are Nick And Vanessa Still Together, Engaged After The Bachelor Finale?
- SSC CGL exam 2017: Notification to release on March 11
- Who Does Nick Pick On The Bachelor 2017: Final Choice Revealed
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X and 1500X Scheduled to Arrive Soon
- Famous folk singer Kalika Prasad dies in road accident
- Engie reportedly ponders bid for RWE's Innogy
- Marines Under Investigation for Sharing Nude Photos of Servicewomen
- Legal & General Group Plc (LGEN) Insider Acquires £2753.47 in Stock
- Why? Randall Coffland and his St Charles twin daughters shot dead