The touch ID fingerprint sensor is very important as it unlocks the phone and logs in into different programs and accesses Apple Pay.
Levi aged 10, shows of the new iPhone 6s Plus in rose gold as crowds wait in anticipation for the release of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus at Apple Store on September 25, 2015 in Sydney, Australia.
"Apple has selected neither Synaptics' Natural ID touch fingerprint sensor nor Qualcomm's Sense ID fingerprint technology for its new OLED iPhones, and made a decision to use its own Authentec algorithm combined with Privaris glass identification technology to redesign a new fingerprint ID solution", according to industry sources.
Reports also confirmed that Apple had ignored the Natural ID fingerprint sensor technology of Synaptics and Qualcomm's Sense ID tech for the iPhone 8.More news: Marines Under Investigation for Sharing Nude Photos of Servicewomen
Apple traditionally needs months of production to accommodate the launch demand for its new iPhones, which can sell millions on its first weekend of availability.
"This implies, unless production of the OLED iPhone (expected to begin in September) gets pushed back, there is virtually no time to make changes to the 3D camera system, either on a parts or module level, given the lengthy review and recertification processes that would be required".
TSMC will be the company in charge of building and producing the new Ultrasound Touch ID of the iPhone 8.
Earlier, sources from the Apple supply chain claimed that the company will ramp up iPhone 8 production in June.More news: Giraffe cam at Animal Adventure Park
While Digitimes seems to have a fairly decent track record, the report should be taken with caution.
Apple is also rumoured to be launching two other smartphones along with the iPhone 8 - a 4.7-inch (the iPhone 7s) and a 5.5-inch (the iPhone 7s Plus).
The upcoming iPhone, to be launched this fall, will come in three configurations - two with liquid crystal displays and one with a 5.8-inch organic light-emitting diode display.
Here's what we think we know about the fabled "OLED iPhone", which analysts have been calling the "iPhone 8" or "iPhone X".More news: The Latest Optical Illusion Stumping the Internet Is This Photo of Strawberries
- SSC CGL exam 2017: Notification to release on March 11
- GlobalData PLC (DATA) Earns corporate Rating from N+1 Singer
- Famous folk singer Kalika Prasad dies in road accident
- Mars rover catches 'dust devils' swirling on red planet
- Gamestop to Restock on the Nintendo Switch
- When Does Daylight Savings Time 2017 Begin?
- Top Analysts Research on Apollo Commercial Real Estate Finance (ARI)
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis of: Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NYSEMKT:NAK)
- Read the bill: GOP proposal for replacing Obamacare
- New SBI cash transaction rules to be implemented from April 1