The first Lego Movie wasn't a musical by any stretch of the imagination, but producer Chris McKay says the sequel will most certainly be.
Fans who saw the first Lego movie will still remember "Everything is Awesome" after seeing the movie just once, and even the Lego Batman movie had its own catchy song with "Who's the (Bat) Man". Before that, moviegoers will see The LEGO NINJAGO Movie released in September this year.More news: David Nwaba signs 10-Day contract with Los Angeles Lakers
That's according to Lego Movie Sequel director Chris McKay in a recent podcast interview for Shanilan On Batman.
McKay was replaced as director by Rob Schrab, but he later left the project over the old "creative differences". There was a lot of assembly required, though: "They need a lot of the writing, a lot of development, not only with script development, but development with songwriters".More news: Should You Buy OncoSec Medical (ONCS) On Current Analyst Views?
The Lego Movie Sequel is scheduled for a 2019 release date, so there's plenty of time between now and then to write a killer soundtrack.
The LEGO Movie 2 (or The LEGO Movie Sequel, we'll see what they wind up actually calling it) is now scheduled to open in theaters in February of 2019.More news: Former Australia forward Dan Vickerman dies at the age of 37
The Lego Movie is going to go a bit La La Land in its second incarnation as the next film in the franchise is set to be a musical.
- Past 3 Quarter Report of Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:PSEC)
- Who Is Carryn Owens? Ryan Owens' Wife Understands Sacrifice
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali wins Best Supporting Actor
- Microsoft Surface Phone Hits The Can, It's Not Happening
- Opko Health Inc (NASDAQ:OPK) Analyst Coverage
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium with Chrome mirror finish appears ahead of launch
- Is Two Harbors Investment Corp. (NYSE:TWO) Preparing For A Breakout Trade?
- North Korea executed five senior security officials, says Seoul
- Nintendo Switch Midnight Release Event: GameStop To Have Limited Supply
- Estimated Game Length For Horizon: Zero Dawn