The Australian rugby community has been rocked by news former Wallaby Dan Vickerman has died.
The 203-centimetre lock was born in Cape Town, South Africa and played for South Africa's under-19 side in 1999 before moving to Australia and donning green and gold at the under-21 level one year later.
It is understood there were no suspicious circumstances.
He was 37 and leaves behind his wife, Sarah, and two young children.
The South Africa-born forward, who spent a season in the Aviva Premiership side Northampton, retired from the game in 2012, with his last worldwide appearance coming in the semi-final of the 2011 Rugby World Cup.More news: Anastasios Leventis of Quebec man killed in Toronto shooting
Social media has been flooded with tributes for the late Dan Vickerman, after news of his sudden death filtered through the rugby world.
Australian Rugby Union chief executive Bill Pulver has expressed his condolences, saying Vickerman was a well-loved figure amongst rugby circles.
In June 2002 he made his Test debut in a 31-25 Wallabies victory over France at Stadium Australia.
Former Wallabies rugby union player Daniel Vickerman has died aged 37.
After three seasons and 33 appearances for the Brumbies, he was signed by the Waratahs in 2004 and played five seasons and 53 matches for them.More news: '2.0' actress Amy Jackson's phone hacked, pictures leaked on social media
After playing in his second Rugby World Cup in 2007, he withdrew from global Rugby for three years to study in England.
The 2011 campaign was his third World Cup, adding to his turns in 2003 and 2007.
Below is a list of some of the services available which offer support, information, and help.
He had the rod removed in February 2012 but was unable to get back to a point where he could play again and retired from the game in August that same year.
"His tireless commitment and passion to helping improve Rugby as well as his commitment to supporting players throughout their careers through his role with RUPA is a legacy that will long live on".More news: IRS Will Accept Tax Returns That Do Not Declare Health Insurance Status
- Camping Resets Body Clock, Even If It's a Short Trip
- Waste Management Phoenix Open purse, winner's share, prize money payout
- Ibuprofen for people with back pain has no significant effect
- Energy Shares Need To Consider: SeaDrill Limited (SDRL), Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL)
- What Is Barack Obama Doing Now? Kitesurfing With Richard Branson, Obviously
- Silver Wheaton Corp. (SLW) Analyst Opinion And Outlook
- Federal judge grants preliminary approval to Volkswagen settlement
- PHOTO Beyoncé is pregnant…WITH TWINS!!!
- The Research Analysts' Weekly Ratings Changes for Celgene Corporation (CELG)
- Andy Sandness: Wyoming Man Gets Face Transplant, Reveals Amazing Results